This Event Management Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into by and between Poems India (“Company”) and you, and is made effective as of the date of electronic acceptance.
This Agreement sets forth the general terms, conditions and instructions for event management under the brand “Poems India”. The terms “we”, “us” or “our” shall refer to Company. The terms “you”, “your”, “organizer”, “city representative” or “event representative” shall refer to any individual or entity who accepts this Agreement. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
The agreement provides you with a temporary right to organize events under the brand name of Poems India in the City XXXXX, State XXXXX, Country XXXXX from date XX/XX/XXXX to XX/XX/XXXX. Post expiry the agreement may be renewed if the quality and consistency of events are maintained.
Any event conducted under our brand name must be first approved by our Community Management Team.
- Event – Open Mic, Workshop, Show or any other gathering held under the brand name of Poems India
- Event Representative – Event organizer, Host, City representative, City Manager or anyone managing or organizing an event under the brand name of Poems India
- Venue – Place, Location, Area, Stage where the event is supposed to take place
- Props – Things like microphone, speakers, mic stand, canvas stand, brand board, chairs, lighting, camera, tripod, etc. which help facilitate an event
- Financials – Every monetary detail connected to the event. Including Profit statement, revenue statement, Expenses statement, etc.
- Participants – Audience, Performers or any other person attending the event excluding Photographer, Videographer, Poems India personnel or Event organizer.
- Host – The person responsible for Hosting, Anchoring or compèring of the event
- Negotiable – Any term marked negotiable could be discussed and flexed
Organizing an Event
Event Representatives are expected to organize events in their assigned cities. Organizing an event includes the following steps:
- Scheduling and planning an event
- Finding a suitable venue
- Arranging Video recording & Photography of the complete event
- Arranging stage props like – Canvas holder for the brand board, Microphone and Microphone stand, Speakers, etc.
- Keeping a financial record of the event
- Marketing the event
- Hosting the event
- Coordinating with participants/audience
- Getting feedback from participants
- Submitting videos & photographs of the event to us
- Submitting participant details and summary of the event to us
Scheduling and planning an event
- Scheduling and planning an event includes setting up a suitable date and time for the event. At this stage you decide what type of event you are going to organize, it can be an Open Mic, a Curated show or a workshop.
- You may choose suitable languages that can be included in the event. For example – If the event is held in South India, local language may be preferred.
- Next is to prepare a blueprint for the event. The blueprint will include step by step agenda of the event. Themed events are also green-flagged and can be organized.
- You can consider special occasions and festivals while scheduling an event, for example- an event scheduled around International Book Day can be given a relevant theme.
- You may consider inviting well-known local poets/writers as “Featured Artists” to increase the popularity of the event.
Events organized by you must be under the Brand name of “Poems India” and any third party collaboration must be authorized by us beforehand. If you plan to collaborate with any other brand for a particular event, you must submit a detailed proposal which will go through an approval process by our Community Management Team. Once approved you can move forward with the collaboration.
Finding a suitable venue
After you have decided on a suitable date and time it is time to survey venues around the city. Venues can be Café’s, Book Stores, Co-working spaces, Book Café’s, Event halls, etc.
Workshops, Open Mics and Shows all require different kinds of seating. Before selecting a venue, you must ensure it is easily accessible & suitable for video recording. An important factor in deciding a venue is Venue cost. To ensure we don’t take any losses, A specific financial model is recommended.
Financial Model for Venue
Instead of paying a fixed hourly amount to the venue, we recommend you compensate the venue in terms of tickets sold. Let’s take an example here.
We are organizing a 2-hour open mic where 20 people are expected to participate. Assuming tickets are priced at 200 Rupees, the Venue can be given a share of the ticket instead of a fixed amount. For each ticket, the venue can be compensated 50 Rupees.
For 20 tickets the venue will get 50 x 20 = 1000 rupees for 2 hours. Venues can also be convinced to provide a complimentary beverage/snack to all participants at this cost.
This model will ensure you never take any losses if the turnout is not as expected.
Arranging Video recording & Photography of the complete event
After the venue is booked, you have to find a Videography & Photography team to cover the entire event. This step is very important as getting a video recording of performances acts as an incentive to prospective participants to register for the event.
A video recording of each performance is mandatory. You must ensure the final video has proper audio & video quality. For ensuring good quality audio you may record audio separately or arrange a collar mic for each participant. Video quality must be at least 1920 x 1080 px (FULL HD) – DSLR Videography is preferred. The Video recording must show the Poems India Brand Board with the participant in the same frame.
Financial Model for Videography and Photography
Similar to the venue financial model, you can compensate videographers & photographers in terms of tickets sold.
For example – for 20 participants, the videographer can be compensated 40 Rupees X 20 = 800 Rupees. Similarly, for 20 participants, the photographer can be compensated 30 Rupees X 20 = 500 Rupees.
Arranging stage props
According to the event type, event props may include –
- Brand Board (We will provide you with a Poems India brand board)
- Canvas Stand/ Generic Stand for Brand Board
- Mic stand
To minimize expenses, you may select a venue that provides you with all these props. You may use any additional props you deem necessary.
Marketing the event
Marketing is a very important part of organizing any event. You have to make sure event posters/graphics and ticket links reach the Writer’s community in your city. For this, you may forward relevant details to Local WhatsApp groups, Post Social Media stories and posts, Reach out to well-known poets for marketing, etc.
Keeping a financial record of the event
A complete financial record must be maintained of the event which includes expenses, revenue and profit. The record is to be submitted to us after the completion of the event, this financial record will help us plan future events all over the country.
Please Note – Poems India doesn’t require any share of the profit. All the profit is yours to keep.
Hosting the event
Hosting of the event can be done by you or a professional event host. Hosting/ Anchoring/ Compering of the event can be done at your (own) discretion in any way you deem appropriate.
You can refer to the below pointers for hosting an event –
- Introduction – Before starting the event a short introduction among all participants will help bring everyone on the same page. At the same time, an introduction works as a catalyst between the audience and the performer helping them to connect.
- Interaction – Keep the event as interactive as possible, Short activities can be introduced to keep the audience busy. This will promote community interaction and will keep everyone engaged throughout the event.
- Appreciation – Regular and specific appreciation of performers will act as an encouragement to everyone. You should also encourage the audience to appreciate every performance with snaps or comments.
Coordinating with participants/audience
You are responsible for pre-event and post-event coordination with participants, the audience and any other stakeholders. You will be the point of contact to all the participants, you have to make sure all their doubts are solved and they are familiarized with the agenda and sequence before the commencement of the event.
Post-event you have to communicate with the participants regarding the availability of Videos/Photographs taken during the event.
You may create a temporary WhatsApp Group with each participant for ease of communication.
Getting feedback from all stakeholders
It’s important to ask participants and all the other stakeholders involved in the event for honest feedback. This will help you improve the quality of events.
You are supposed to submit a summary of all feedback to us.
Submitting videos & photos to us
Post-event completion you have to coordinate with the videographer and photographer and submit good quality videos and photos to us as soon as possible.
Minimum Quality Requirements –
Video – 1920 x 1080 px / FULL HD
Audio – Must be clear, loud and free of background noise
Photo – FULL HD
Submitting participant details and summary of the event to us
The last step is preparing a summary of the event, a complete list of participants (and their details) and a financial statement and submitting it to us. This step will mark the end of a successful event.
Financial Planning and allocation of profit
Good financial management is one of the most important aspects of delivering successful events. Your ability to create and manage budgets will not only generate good profit but also ensure events are of optimum quality.
You have complete discretion in financial matters relating to the event but you must draw up a budget and allocate funds for different kinds of expenses including, venues, props, miscellaneous expenses, etc. The financial model provided by us is optional, You may use your own model.
At the end of the event, you have to submit a complete Revenue, Expenses and Profit report.
Please Note – Poems India will not bear any losses incurred nor will it ask for any profits generated through the events organized by you. All the profits generated by events organized by you are yours to keep.
You must maintain a certain quality for all the events you conduct under the brand name Poems India. Please abide by the following pointers while conducting an event.
- You must ensure certain decency is maintained by each and everyone attending the event. The use of abusive or offensive speech is strictly prohibited.
- Venues and props used in events must be hygienic and clean.
- Covid-19 SOPs as directed by the State Government must be followed.
What will we provide you?
- Brand Board
- Digital Posters/ Graphics
- Assistance in promotional activities
- Curation of content
- Listing of events on ticketing platforms to facilitate the sale of audience tickets
What things are you supposed to submit to Poems India?
- Event Proposal – Includes type of event, proposed date and time, language, name of guest artist, etc.
- Event Agenda – Includes step by step list of activities to be conducted in the event with the time taken for each activity
- Videos & Photographs of the event
- Participant details
- Financial Statement
- Event Summary
- Feedback from participants